Friday, September 17, 2010

"Real" Books & Magazines


"Will the Internet kill magazines?
Did instant coffee kill coffee?"

- Magazines, The Power of Print®

I sure hope the internet isn't killing magazines and that Kindle won't "kill" books... A lot of companies have stopped printing their catalogs and magazines and just host them on their websites now. Personally, I don't think this route is very user-friendly. It takes awhile to load the pages, everything is really small and, well - its just not the same!

If I'm going to read a book, magazine, catalog... I need to be able to feel the pages, flip the pages, fold the pages, write on the pages, mark the pages, highlight the pages... maybe even rip a page out! This isn't possible with Kindle. Which is why I'll always be a "real book" person.

PS: Thank God instant coffee didn't "kill" the real stuff! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment