Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beautiful Basil

This morning I was cutting some roses from my garden to bring inside and put in a vase... when I looked over at my basil plant and thought "why not make a vase of basil too!" So I clipped some fresh sprigs, put in a little vase and placed on top of my stove. It smells wonderful! I can't stop looking at it. ;) Our basil plant is humongous! We can only eat so much basil. Wish I would have had this idea earlier in the Summer. Poor basil plant has been blooming for months but still growing.

It is amazing to me how cheery this makes my kitchen smell and feel. Something about a fresh vase of flowers inside is just wonderful, so cozy. Growing up, I remember my Mom always had fresh flowers from her garden in the house. Even the tiniest little snippet of a flower in a mini bud vase brought a comfy cheerfulness to the entire house.

Anyway, I put the roses in a little bud vase for the bathroom... These are the simple things that make life so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment